--Jogi don 07:58, 16 جُونِ 2016 (UTC)
The visual editor will be enabled on this wiki in some days[سنواريو]
Hello again. Please excuse the English. مھرباني ڪري پنھنجي ٻولي ۾ ترجمو ڪرڻ ۾ مدد ڪريو. توهان جي مهرباني!
As per previous announcements in the past months, the visual editor (وزيوئل سنوارگاھ) will be enabled at this Wikipedia in some days. It allows people to edit articles as if they were using a typical word processor. Here's a quick explanation of what is going to happen: you can find a more detailed one, with pictures, at mediawiki.org.
- What's changing?
- In the new system, you get a single edit tab which follows your preferences, and that therefore will launch the wikitext editor or the visual editor depending on which one you opened the last (منھنجي آخري سنوارگاھ ياد رکو).
This applies to everyone who edited recently, including anonymous users.
- How do I switch to the other editor then?
- Buttons on the toolbars of both editors were added months ago so that you can switch from one to the other every time you want to, without losing your changes and without having to save first.
The button, located on the right side of the toolbar, looks like square brackets ([[ ]]) in the visual editor, and like a pencil () in the wikitext editor.
- Are there other options available?
- Yes. You can choose whether you want:
- جيڪڏھن ممڪن ھجي تہ مونکي سدائين وزيوئل سنوارگاھ ڏيو (if you temporarily switch to the wikitext editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it; also, it only applies to namespaces where the visual editor is available).
- مونکي سدائين ذريعو سنوارگاھ اڏيو (if you temporarily switch to the visual editor through the button on the toolbar, the system won't remember it)
- مون کي ٻئي ايڊيٽرس جون ٽيبس ڏيکاريو (a system in place at multiple wikis since 2013. You are familiar with this option if you have been using the visual editor here.)
- Please note: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- How do I set my preference?
- If you want to try or to stay in the new system: you don't need to do anything.
- If you had explicitly disabled the visual editor in the past and want to keep it disabled: you don't need to do anything.
- All the registered users have a dropdown menu in the Editing tab of their Preferences (سنوارڻ --> سنوارڻ جو موڊ:), where they can choose from. This only needs to be done once. Don't forget to save ;)
- Users with the visual editor disabled need to re-enable it if they're interested in accessing that menu!
- People who use the visual editor regularly will see a pop-up (only once after the single edit tab system is introduced), and they can choose their favorite setting there. Of course, they can change their mind at any time just like the others, and pick a different setting from their Preferences.
- Anonymous users who have used the visual editor recently will also be able to choose which editor they want to edit with.
- Reminder: all the users will always have the opportunity to switch to the other editor via buttons on the toolbars, for occasional edits.
- Final remarks
- Please spread the word about this major change in any way that you deem appropriate for this community. Please note it will affect all the registered users at first, and after one week or so it will reach logged-out contributors as well if no major technical issues have arisen.
- Please do let us know about any anomalies you think you're experiencing, and do post any other feedback here. I'd like to thank everyone who will walk an extra mile to make the transition easier for this community, and whoever will help me processing feedback in your language.
- You can learn more about optimizing the visual editor experience here by reading a guide on mediawiki.org, which was recently rewritten.
@Elitre (WMF): Dear , Thanks for your intention of enabling VisualEditor on Sindhi Wikipedia, Dear Sir we are impatiently waiting for your initiative to enableVisualEditor on Sindhi Wikipedia (Sdwiki).. Expecting a positive and dignified role from you...Thanks and regards Jogi don 08:12, 4 آگسٽ 2016 (UTC)
The visual editor is now active here[سنواريو]
Hello again. This message is only available in English at this time: مھرباني ڪري پنھنجي ٻولي ۾ ترجمو ڪرڻ ۾ مدد ڪريو. توهان جي مهرباني!
As some of you have noticed, this Wikipedia now has the visual editor (وزيوئل سنوارگاھ) enabled for all registered users. The rollout to logged-out users will likely happen in a week or so.
For an explanation of how the editing system now works and how to choose/go back to your favorite setting, please see my previous announcement above. If you wish to change your editing system preferences now, this can be done from this link to your Preferences --> سنوارڻ --> سنوارڻ جو موڊ:.
All edits using the visual editor will be tagged with "وزيوئل سنوار" in recent changes, watchlists, and page histories. To access the User Guide for the visual editor, click on the "(?)" icon in its toolbar.
Please let us know if you find any problems. You can report issues directly in Phabricator, the new bug tracking system or on at mw:VisualEditor/Feedback; by all means, feel free to also ping or contact me directly if you prefer. In case of emergency (like an unexpected bug causing widespread problems), please contact James Forrester, the product manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on IRC in the #mediawiki-visualeditor channel.
Happy editing! Respectfully, Elitre (WMF) 15:41, 10 آگسٽ 2016 (UTC)
PS: Are you seeing interface messages that are not in this wiki's language? Please fix this by providing translations here. Translations may be also provided for the user guide. Please contact me if you want guidance in contributing translations!
- Just a heads-up that rollout of the visual editor on this wiki is complete, as it is also available to logged-out editors now. Please refer to my previous messages for details. You can read the "checklist" that is being written to help communities like yours in their process of adapting the visual editor to their customs and needs. Best, Elitre (WMF) 16:16, 17 آگسٽ 2016 (UTC)